Alumna and Students Design Success

December 12, 2011

Design Success

The early threads of Loom Décor, a digital home décor startup, were sewn at MIT Sloan and culminated in a top-place MarketLab project. Ashley Baker, MBA ’10, started plans for Loom Décor in MIT Sloan classes, such as The Nuts & Bolts of Business Plans (15.S21), and even met business partner Jessa McIntosh (the wife of Forgan McIntosh, MBA ’10) here. Their other business partner is Baker’s high school friend Nichole Ocepek. “I came to Sloan with the intention of starting my own business…and I chose MIT because it is a very entrepreneurial-spirited place,” Baker said. Loom Décor is a site where customers can design their own furnishings and virtually plan their rooms, without an interior designer’s hefty price tag… “Regular consumers can’t buy designer fabrics. They have to buy them through interior designers. As a young professional, I couldn’t afford that,” she said. Read the rest of the article on News@MITSloan.

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.