Graduate Policies & Procedures

Visiting student

Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an institution of higher education other than MIT and have been invited by faculty in an MIT department or laboratory/center to do research in their fields of study may apply for visiting student status. Current MIT regular or special students, or MIT students who have withdrawn or are on a leave of absence, cannot apply for visiting student status. Faculty sponsors who initiate this process should consult the International Students Office (certificates required) for more information.