CONVERGE 2015 was held Oct. 1 – 4th. Please check back for updates and information for CONVERGE 2016!
The CONVERGE mission is to increase the presence of underrepresented and underserved students in MIT’s graduate programs. To achieve this goal, CONVERGE hosts a four-day graduate school preview weekend on the MIT campus during the fall.
- Selects participants who will be strong applicants to MIT graduate programs
- Exposes selected students to MIT’s graduate programs, facilities, campus life, and the Boston/Cambridge area
- Connects participants with MIT faculty, staff, and graduate students involved in the graduate school admissions process
- Covers all expenses (travel, hotel, meals) for the preview weekend
Program Dates & Deadlines
October 1 – 4
- Must be Juniors, Seniors or recent graduates in Fall 2015
- Must be U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents, OR attend an undergraduate institution in the U.S. other than MIT
- International students studying at a US institution are eligible to apply. However, the program does target domestic, underrepresented minorities. International students studying abroad are NOT eligible to apply.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Must be available October 1st – 4th
- Should have a genuine interest in research and earning a PhD
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants interested in the Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences & Engineering or Chemistry Departments are NOT eligible for CONVERGE and should instead apply for the Dow-MIT ACCESS Program.
To be considered, you must submit ALL of the following application materials by the deadline. Applications missing any of the required components will NOT be considered. By submitting the completed application, you are committing to being available October 1-4th if selected.
Completed program application
2 – 3 Letters of Recommendation that can speak to your potential in a research environment from faculty, including your research advisor/mentor
- Statement of Purpose
Unofficial transcript(s) from current and previous colleges/universities attended
PLEASE NOTE: Instructions for letter of recommendation and transcript submission will be in the application
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.