CONVERGE applications are now open!
The CONVERGE mission is to increase the presence of underrepresented and underserved students in MIT’s graduate programs. To achieve this goal, CONVERGE hosts a four-day graduate school preview weekend on the MIT campus during the fall.
- Selects participants who will be strong applicants to MIT graduate programs
- Exposes selected students to MIT’s graduate programs, facilities, campus life, and the Boston/Cambridge area
- Connects participants with MIT faculty, staff, and graduate students involved in the graduate school admissions process
- Covers all expenses (travel, hotel, meals) for the preview weekend
Program Dates & Deadlines
October 1 – 4
July 15th: Application opens
August 21st: Application closes at 11:55 PM EST
- Must be Juniors, Seniors or recent graduates in Fall 2015
- Must be U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents, OR attend an undergraduate institution in the U.S. other than MIT
- International students studying at a US institution are eligible to apply. However, the program does target domestic, underrepresented minorities. International students studying abroad are NOT eligible to apply.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Must be available October 1st – 4th
- Should have a genuine interest in research and earning a PhD
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants interested in the Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences & Engineering or Chemistry Departments are NOT eligible for CONVERGE and should instead apply for the Dow-MIT ACCESS Program.
To be considered, you must submit ALL of the following application materials by the deadline (8/21 at 11:55 pm). Applications missing any of the required components will NOT be considered. By submitting the completed application, you are committing to being available October 1-4th if selected.
Completed program application
2 – 3 Letters of Recommendation that can speak to your potential in a research environment from faculty, including your research advisor/mentor
- Statement of Purpose
Unofficial transcript(s) from current and previous colleges/universities attended
PLEASE NOTE: Instructions for letter of recommendation and transcript submission will be in the application
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.