I also want the family of MIT to be famous for how we treat people: Famous for sympathy, humility, decency, respect, and kindness.
– President Rafael Reif, MIT 2013 Commencement
The Office of Graduate Education invites you to share in an ongoing celebration of MIT faculty members who go above and beyond to make an impact in the lives of graduate students. Faculty members are recognized through a broad campus poster campaign and online content.
Nominations for the current academic year are now closed. The first honorees for 2017-18 will be celebrated in late October.
Criteria for selection for a “Committed to Caring” honor include:
- Impact. How has the nominee supported students? How deeply, and for what length of time?
- Reach. Who has the nominee reached?
- Excellence in scholarship. In addition to the nominee’s own academic excellence, how has she or he contributed to student academic and professional success?
- Diversity and inclusion. What contributions has the nominee made toward supporting all members of the community?