A petition is a written document filed on behalf of a graduate student with the OGE seeking approval for a particular action or request, such as late drop/add, changing grades, dual degrees, joint theses, interdepartmental or interdisciplinary dissertation committees, nonresident doctoral thesis research status, thesis research in absentia, medical leave, and childbirth accommodation. Before being submitted to the OGE, each petition must be reviewed and approved by the graduate department or program of record. The e Senior Associate Dean acts with power on behalf of the Committee on Graduate Programs with regard to all requests.

More information on different types of petitions and instructions for filing may be found on the OGE Services page.